DIDI Project is the first self-sovereign digital identity project through blockchain in Argentina. Our objective is to improve access to quality goods and services for populations in vulnerable neighborhoods. We create innovative solutions to reduce information asymmetry and generate financial inclusion.
The first pilot started in 2018 in favor of the inhabitants of Villa 31 in the City of Buenos Aires, Argentina, which may be replicable in other provinces of Argentina and Latin American countries.
- ONG Bitcoin Argentina is responsible for the website of the
ai-di mobile application.
- Any person using the ai-di application is assumed to be a user and as such agrees to observe and comply with the Terms of this document, as well as any other applicable legal regulations.
- These Terms shall apply to persons who use ai-di for: (i) manage your digital identity; (ii) requesting third parties to issue and verify its digital credentials; and (iii) build a history of digital transactions.
- You acknowledge that you have read and understand these Terms, and agree to be bound by them. If you do not agree to, or are unable to comply with the Terms, you may not use the ai-di service.
What does the DIDI Project website contain?
On the web site you will find information about the DIDI Project, where you will see that it has three main areas:
- Social and digital inclusion. In this section you can find the work of Proyecto DIDI in relation to the promotion of social and digital development activities, such as: territorial work in popular neighborhoods of Argentina; virtual space for digital literacy, where you can find digital resources that promote the development of digital skills; and finally dissemination of content and tips for entrepreneurs.
- Blockchain ecosystem. In this section you can find digital resources related to blockchain technology and its benefits in sectors such as digital identity. Research papers are presented but also regional talks and events on self-sovereign digital identity based on blockchain technology are disseminated.
- SSI technology. In this section you will find an open community that seeks to strengthen the design and implementation of self-sovereign digital identity (SSI) digital services. Project DIDI seeks to enable more and more people to benefit from the advantages offered by this innovative model, considered to be the future of digital identity. Therefore, we promote an open innovation project and all our developments are open source and free to use.
Through the website you will also be able to access the Identihack and the calls related to the DIDI Project. You can also contact DIDI Project for further information. Finally, from the website you will have direct access to the mobile application for managing your digital identity.
What is the ai-di application for?
- Validate your identity through trusted service intermediaries.
- Obtain and store digital credentials of your personal data privately and securely.
- Share your verifiable credentials with whomever you wish.
- Access goods and services based on your verifiable credentials.
3.1. What can I do in the ai-di application?
- Create an ai-di account.
- Validate your identity through a validation process using trusted third party services.
- Request credentials from an issuer from a list of trusted issuers.
- View and apply for available benefits that reliable issuers can provide.
- Share credentials with third parties via QR code or an electronic link.
3.2. What features does my digital identity have when using the ai-di application?
Through ai-di you control your identity and decide who you share it with to access goods and services. For this purpose, the ai-di application treats your digital identity based on the following principles:
: the person who owns the identity is the only one who can access its data.
: The data are validated by institutions that guarantee the veracity of the information.
: The person is the absolute owner of his or her identity and decides with whom to share it.
: The information is encrypted, guaranteeing a lasting and inviolable record.
: The data does not depend on an entity and can be carried by the person at any time and place.
: It operates over a distributed network of computers that does not involve a central authority or third parties acting as mediators.
3.3. What are the advantages for individuals and institutions of using ai-di?
Unlike other digital identity services, with mobile applications such as ai-di, based on self-sovereign digital identity, individuals and institutions gain the following advantages:
Protection of user records and data
Security, privacy, portability, retrieval and safeguarding of all information is guaranteed.
Ownership of information
The beneficiaries will be the sole owners of the management of their credentials, choosing what type of information to share and with whom.
- Generation and storage of beneficiaries’ credentialsWith social and economic data necessary to create the credentials that the organization considers relevant to contribute to the social inclusion of the beneficiaries. The credentials may be used and shared with third parties and other institutions.
Scalability: based on the use of international protocols and universal technology, the implementation of the models to be developed is likely to be replicated and expanded in the future.
Digitize and computerize data and work processes.
greater efficiency and speed in the management, access, information search and follow-up processes, guaranteeing greater traceability of information.
- Behavioral recordGenerates objective information on the behavior of the beneficiaries. If applicable, you can demonstrate a credit history and a verifiable financial and social reputation.
Support in inclusion and digital literacy processes.
Training and advice will be provided on the use of digital tools, their advantages and possibilities for the beneficiaries.
Possibility of offering complementary services digitally and directly through the app, drastically reducing coordination and transaction costs, as well as identity validation processes.
drastically reducing coordination and transaction costs, as well as identity validation processes.
3.4. How to create an ai-di account?
- Once the application has been installed, log in and click on
- You must fill in your country code (54 for Argentina) and the cell phone number with the area code (011 for C.A.B.A.).
to receive a code by text message that will allow you to verify your phone number.
- Once the code is validated, it will appear on the screen that our phone number has been successfully validated. Press the
to continue with the registration process.
- Enter your first and last name and then press
- Enter your email address and press
. In the inbox of your email address you will find a confirmation email from ai-di (the email address is firstname.lastname@example.org) with a 6-digit code that may take a few minutes to arrive.
- You must enter the code and then the password you wish to have in ai-di. Remember that you must have: 1 capital letter, 1 number and 1 special character (@ $ #…)
- Finally, you must repeat exactly the same password and then press
3.5. Verification of your identity
- To use ai-di services it is important to validate your identity. For this purpose, we use the services of trusted third parties in accordance with the applicable legal provisions.
- You acknowledge that ONG Bitcoin Argentina is only an intermediary: (i) between you and the third party identity verification providers; (ii) between you and our partners who may request your information to issue a digital credential and/or verify your identity.
- ONG Bitcoin Argentina expressly disclaims any liability for any errors or omissions provided by you in the ai-di. application, including inaccurate or incomplete information recorded in your identity credentials to which only you may have access.
- In addition to your photograph, your personal information is encrypted only in your digital wallet at ai-di using a
stored on our servers to ensure that we can detect tampering and protect you from identification fraud.
3.6. How to obtain and share a digital credential?
- To obtain a digital credential in your ai-di application, a third party is required to prove an attribute of your identity.
- The issuer, through ai-di’s web platform, can fulfill your request by affirming the veracity of the information, through an electronic signature and issuing you a credential.
- When the digital credential is issued, it will be received in the ai-di application by you through your mobile device.
- The purpose of issuing a digital credential is to provide you with the information that a third party has about your identity, so that you can manage it and present it to another institution or individual “validator”, and thus be able to access goods and services.
- From the ai-di application you can share your digital credentials with whomever you want, there are two options to share credentials: the first is directly through ai-di via QR code and the other is by sharing the link that is generated.
- By selecting the
In the “Share” menu, all the options are displayed to choose the social network or medium through which the link can be shared (Whatsapp, Instagram, among others). You can also copy the link.
4. Using the ai-di mobile application
- To use the ai-di software, you must have a mobile device with an operating system starting from Android 4.1 and a storage space of 70 MB. ONG Bitcoin Argentina does not guarantee that the services are compatible with your mobile device. You are responsible for any mobile charges you may incur for use of the services, including text messaging, roaming and data charges.
- You acknowledge that ONG Bitcoin Argentina may issue updated versions of the Application, and may automatically electronically update the version you are using on your mobile device or may require an update before services are provided through your mobile device. You consent to such automatic update on your mobile device and agree that the terms and conditions shall apply to all such updates. You agree that ONG Bitcoin Argentina shall not be liable to you for any such modifications.
- While ONG Bitcoin Argentina, through ai-di, does not have visibility into your private information, we do examine trends and patterns to report on electronic transactions, such as how many digital credentials are stored but not what they are or what data they contain.
- ai-di will use its reasonable skill and care to verify or authenticate documents, but shall have no liability to You, so the service on ai-di does not imply, to the fullest extent possible under applicable law, the accuracy or your use of any electronic document processed through the ai-di application, whether or not verified by ai-di.
- Your use of the ai-di application and services is at your own risk. You are responsible for the accuracy of your documentation and for keeping it up to date.
- ai-di will perform its verification and authentication with reasonable skill and care; however, ai-di does not guarantee that the attributes of your identity will be true, complete and accurate at any time.
- ai-di uses the blockchain architecture of
(Blockchain Federal Argentina).
4.1. What are the characteristics of ai-di?
- ai-di is a mobile application of the DIDI platform developed on react-native -an open source software framework- and available for Android, under the license
Creative Commons IGO 3.0 BY-NC-SA license.
- It is a digital wallet or document holder to receive, store and manage your verifiable credentials through your cell phone.
- ai-di uses the Self-Sovereign Digital Identity Verifiable Credentials protocol, whose standards were defined by the
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
- Use of the ai-di application may require your device to meet minimum operating requirements, including memory or operating system. We will inform you of the minimum system requirements from time to time. If you do not meet the minimum specifications detailed for the ai-di Application, you may experience limited use or be unable to use or access the Application or Services in full.
4.2. Time of use of the ai-di application
- You agree that your sole and exclusive remedy for any problems or dissatisfaction with the ai-di service is to uninstall the mobile application and stop using the ai-di services.
- Both you and ONG Bitcoin Argentina can terminate the use of the ai-di application.
- You can uninstall the ai-di application at any time from your mobile device and, if necessary, request the deletion of your data by sending an e-mail to the following e-mail address
based on your data protection rights. For more details, please see our newstra
- ONG Bitcoin Argentina may terminate your account at any time upon identifying misuse of the ai-di application, of which you will be informed.
- Upon termination, you lose the right to access or use the ai-di application. Termination does not immediately release you from your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
- After termination, he accepts: (i) complete all pending actions and (ii) cease to accept or request new shares.
4.3. Updating the ai-di application and services.
- We may automatically update the ai-di application and change services to improve performance, enhance functionality, reflect changes to the operating system or address security issues (“Updates”). Alternatively, we may ask you to update the application for these reasons. Updates may modify or remove certain features and/or functionality of the Application.
- You agree that ONG Bitcoin Argentina is under no obligation to (i) provide updates, or (ii) continue to provide or enable particular features and/or functionality of the Application to you. If you opt out of receiving automatic updates, you may not be able to continue using the Application and Services.
4.4. Methods of providing communications
- You are hereby notified that communications you receive electronically from us shall be deemed to be “in writing”. By using the ai-di services, you consent and affirm that you have access to the hardware and software necessary to receive electronic communications. If you choose not to consent or withdraw your consent, you will be restricted from using ai-di services. However, you can access the services ofProject DIDI available on the website http://didi.org.ar/
- We may provide communications to you by email or by making them accessible on the ONG Bitcoin Argentina website around DIDI Project, mobile applications or mobile websites (including through “hyperlinks” provided online and in emails).
4.5. Technical Support
- If you have any problems using the ai-di application, please consult our support resources at
- Also, we have prepared additional material for you to learn how to create an email, free up space on your cell phone, how to create an account in mercado pago, among others.
4.6. Obligations of ai-di users
- By using the ai-di service, you represent and warrant that you are: (i) a person of legal age to form a binding contract and consent to the processing of his or her personal data, or who is the parent or legal guardian capable of forming a binding contract for such person and consent to process the personal data of a minor; (ii) have the power to enter into a binding contract with us and not be barred from doing so under applicable law; and (iii) accept these Terms and agree to the obligations and responsibilities.
- To become an ai-di holder and claim your self-sovereign digital identity, you will select a unique username and password and complete verification through trusted service providers that interoperate with ai-di.
- You are solely responsible for keeping your username and password confidential and secure.
- Promises not to select a user name in an unauthorized manner. Taking a name in an unauthorized manner includes selecting or using a name: (i) of another person with the intent to impersonate that person or entity; (ii) subject to any rights of a person other than you without proper authorization; (iii) that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene; (iv) use any procedure or method that violates the rights of third parties; (v) through the use of an automated device, script, bot, spider, crawler or scraper; or (vi) that violates these Terms or any applicable law.
- You must not solicit, collect or use the login credentials of others on ai-di.
- Please note that you are solely responsible for any losses incurred through the use of your ai-di account.
- You agree to notify ai-di immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security.
- You agree to keep your password secure.
- It is your responsibility to keep your contact information up to date so that ai-di can communicate with you electronically.
- You acknowledge and agree that your consent to electronic communications is provided in connection with an electronic transaction in accordance with applicable document and electronic signature legislation.
5. Limitations of responsibilities of ONG Bitcoin Argentina
- ONG Bitcoin Argentina reserves the right to freeze and/or revoke any user account in ai-di. that does not comply with the provisions of these Terms.
- The ai-di application is available to you as a service to support digital credential verification and authentication, so we are not involved in any relationship between you as a user of the ai-di application and any services you use or that are made available to you through it.
- We are not responsible for events beyond our control, such as legal effects arising from electronic transactions you enter into with a third party.
- If our provision of ai-di. services or support is delayed by an event beyond our control, we will contact you as soon as possible to inform you and take steps to minimize the effect of the delay.
- ONG Bitcoin Argentina is not responsible for the information generated and transacted through ai-di, if such information has been manipulated or entered by a third party outside the organization.
- We will make every reasonable effort to keep the ai-di service operational. However, certain technical difficulties, maintenance or testing, or upgrades necessary to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements, may, from time to time, result in temporary interruptions.
- ONG Bitcoin Argentina reserves the right, from time to time and at any time, to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the functions and features of the ai-di service, with prior notice where possible, all without liability to you, except where prohibited by law, for any interruption, modification or discontinuance of the ai-di service or any function or feature thereof.
- You are responsible for deciding whether to access or use third party applications or sites, which integrate or link to the ai-di service.
- If you allow a third-party application or site to authenticate you or connect with your ai-di name, that application or site may, with your consent, access information about you. The website or application may contain information and content provided by third parties. We have no obligation to monitor or endorse any third-party content.
- ONG Bitcoin Argentina is not responsible for the content of any linked site. We do not endorse or accept any responsibility for the content of such third-party sites or applications.
- We are liable to you for foreseeable losses and damages caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are liable for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these terms or our failure to exercise reasonable care and skill, but we are not liable for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable.
- Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time you agreed to these terms, both we and you knew it might happen.
- ONG Bitcoin Argentina will use commercially reasonable efforts to deliver our Application and ai-di services to you free of viruses, programs or programming devices designed to modify, remove, damage or disable the Application or its data.
- To the extent permitted by law, we are not responsible for any delay, failure of delivery or any other loss or damage resulting from the transfer of data over communications networks and facilities, including the Internet and you acknowledge that access to the Internet, cell phone, networks or other means of communication necessary for the provision of services or use of the ai-di application, are inherently associated with risks including viruses, data security, hacking, availability of services and reliability of data transmission.
- In no event shall ONG Bitcoin Argentina, its affiliates and officers, shareholders, employees, agents, directors, subsidiaries, assigns, suppliers, or licensors be liable for any electronic transactions you conduct through ai-di that impact your rights and obligations under applicable law.
- ONG Bitcoin Argentina shall not be liable for any loss of data, information or profits (whether direct or indirect), in all cases arising out of the use or inability to use the ai-di application, or third party applications.
- You acknowledge and agree that cryptography is a field in progress. Advances in code breaking or technical advances, such as the development of quantum computers, may present risks to the cryptographic systems, and blockchain networks used by ai-di, which could result in the theft or loss of your cryptographic tokens or property. To the extent possible ai-di and its blockchain network providers will make the necessary updates to keep the account secure, but ONG Bitcoin Argentina, does not guarantee the complete security of the ai-di application, so by using it, the user acknowledges these inherent risks.
6. Protection of personal data
- The processing of your personal data used for your registration at ai-di will be carried out on the basis of the
7. Intellectual Property
- ai-di is part of an open innovation project and all our developments are open source and free to use. The ai-di application code. is open source code that is governed by the
Creative Commons IGO 3.0 BY-NC-SA
- However, ONG Bitcoin Argentina reserves all its intellectual property rights in relation to the trademarks and logos used in the ai-di service.
- ONG Bitcoin Argentina, its “circular” logos and other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used for our service are trademarks or registered trademarks of ONG Bitcoin Argentina and may not be used, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purpose.
- Trademarks and other intellectual property rights of third parties are the property of their respective owners and are displayed or used on the service pursuant to limited permission granted to ONG Bitcoin Argentina.
- The contents of the websites
are subject to copyright protection and neither all nor parts may be disseminated, copied or modified without the prior written permission of ONG Bitcoin Argentina. Images included in these websites may not be used without the prior written permission of ONG Bitcoin Argentina. The images included in these websites may be subject to third party copyrights.
8. Modification of terms and conditions
- ONG Bitcoin Argentina reserves the right to modify at any time these terms and conditions, not being obliged to notify or communicate such changes in advance to users, being understood as sufficient its publication on the official site.
- The amendments shall become effective immediately after their publication.
- We agree that changes cannot be retroactive.
- You are responsible for checking these Terms periodically for any changes.
- Your continued use of the service after changes have been made will constitute your acceptance of the changes.
- If you do not wish to continue using the ai-di service under the new version you can revoke your ai-di registration by contacting technical support via email:
9. Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
In the unlikely event that we end up in a legal dispute, ONG Bitcoin Argentina and you agree to resolve it in the courts and laws of Argentina.
- ai-di: is the mobile app of Proyecto DIDI, which promotes digital identity for social inclusion. ai-di is an application that allows you to store all your personal data in one place, securely and reliably thanks to blockchain technology.
- Information asymmetry: when the market, lacking information on the identity and behavior of the most vulnerable people, cannot include them, or does so at a much higher cost than for the average population.
- IDB LAB: Innovation Laboratory of the Inter-American Development Bank.
- Digital wallet: Blockchain: The blockchain system, or blockchain, is a database characterized by immutability of record, resistance to censorship and decentralization, which guarantees secure, reliable and private use of people’s data.
- Digital divide: the differentiation produced between those people, institutions, societies or countries that can access the network and those that cannot; in other words, it can be defined in terms of the inequality of possibilities that exist for accessing information, knowledge and education through new technologies
- Digital credentials: are digital accreditations that certify in a secure way that a person is the bearer of certain attributes that have to do with his or her identity. These may be: a national identity card, contact information (e-mail, telephone, address), an educational or employment certificate, a financial record, a property title, etc.
- Hash: a unique identifier using an alphanumeric code to detect file tampering.
- Digital identity-sovereign self-identity: Self-sovereign identity proposes sovereignty for the individual in the management and presentation to third parties of his personal data. These can be a digital passport, an academic degree, a property title, etc., which are stored in personal and portable digital wallets such as a mobile app. These innovative models guarantee the control, security and privacy of the data that make up the identity of individuals.
- Digital inclusion: activities necessary to ensure that all individuals and communities, including the most disadvantaged, have access to and use information and communication technologies.
- Financial inclusion: means, for individuals and businesses, having access to useful and affordable financial products that meet their needs – transactions, payments, savings, credit and insurance – delivered in a responsible and sustainable manner.
- DIDI Project: Project driven by ONG Bitcoin Argentina and BID Lab that seeks to include people in the digital economy through technological solutions and digital literacy actions.
- Trusted Service Providers: Third parties authorized under current legislation to provide identity verification and electronic signature services.
11. DECODES Data
Name of the institution: Civil Association for the Development of Decentralized Ecosystems (DECODES).
Commercial name: Asociación Civil DECODES (NGO Bitcoin Argentina)
Unique Taxpayer Identification Code: 30715676164
Address: Marcelo T. de Alvear 405, Buenos Aires Argentina.
Phone: +54 (11) 5352-1250
Last modification: July 11, 2022